Board of School Education Haryana
The Board of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani came into existence in 1969 as per Haryana Act No. 11 of 1969. With a staff of 100, the Board conducted the first examination of Class 10 in 1970. The Board started conducting the Middle examination with effect from 1976 to improve educational standards at Middle level and Class 12 examinations from 1987.
Further, in order to expand its reach, the Board established Haryana Open School in 1994 and thereby started bringing vast section of the society under its fold.
Currently, there are more than 650 officials with over 10 lakh students appearing for various examinations.
Now, endowed with the strength of more than 650 officials/officers and examining 10 lakh (one million ). Elaborate arrangements are made by the Board for the conduct of these examinations in a fair manner devoid of copying and other malpractices. Besides performing the function of conducting examination, the Board is earnestly committed to its long term goal of raising the standard of education in the State.
This Board has introduced the semester system of education from academic year 2006-2007. It is the first Board in India to do so. It is also the first Board to introduce relative grading, CCE (Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation) in board classes i.e. Secondary & Senior Secondary.
Objectives of Board of School Education Haryana
- Timely affiliation of schools
- Timely prescribing of relevant syllabi and text- books
- Timely conducting of examination and declaration of results as per schedule
- Timely provision of Re-checking and Re-evaluation
- Promoting school based assessment with the help of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation
- Promoting Contact Programme Evaluation under Open Schooling, on the lines of CCE
- Benefiting students of Open learning by providing the system of On Demand Examination and exploring other avenues to strengthen access to those who are outside formal schooling
- Revamping D.Ed curriculum and providing orientation to Teacher-Educators
- Smooth conduct of eligibility test for prospective teachers
- Motivating meritorious students and schools with suitable awards. Special provision for Girl students
- Motivating teachers for their contribution in fair and smooth conduct of examination by instituting award
- Exploring means and ways of promoting application of latest information and communication technology in the working of the Board
The board also annually conducts the Haryana D.Ed (Diploma in Education) entrance exam for students of Senior Secondary to admission into the D.Ed Course of two years. Apart from tests above, HBSE also conducts the Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET) time to time.
Hansi Road, Bhiwani, Haryana 127021
Phone: 01664-254000 - Online Application Helpline
Phone: 01664-254300 - Haryana Open School (HoS) Helpline